Flying can be a tiring and uncomfortable experience, especially if you’re on a long-haul flight. While there are many expensive options to upgrade your flying experience, there are also ways to do it on a budget. In this post, we’ll share five tips to upgrade your flying experience for cheap.
1. Look for Flight Deals
One of the easiest ways to upgrade your flying experience for cheap is to look for flight deals. Airlines often offer promotions and discounts on flights, and with the right tools, you can find them easily. Here are some tips:
- Sign up for email newsletters from airlines and travel websites to receive notifications of flight deals.
- Use flight search engines like Kayak, Skyscanner, and Google Flights to compare prices across multiple airlines.
- Use ExpertFlyer, a tool that helps you find flight deals and alerts you when prices drop. You can also set up alerts for price drops and off-peak flights.
2. Use Credit Card Rewards
Credit card rewards can also be used to upgrade flights. Depending on the type of credit card you have, you can earn miles, points, or cashback that can be redeemed for flight upgrades. Here are some tips:
- Look for credit cards that offer rewards specifically for travel, such as airline or hotel credit cards.
- Use your credit card to make purchases and earn rewards faster.
- Maximize your credit card rewards by using them strategically for flight upgrades.
- Check out travel blogs like StuffToDo.us for advice on how to maximize credit card rewards.
3. Check for Last-Minute Upgrades
Airlines sometimes offer last-minute upgrades at a lower price, especially if there are unsold seats in a higher class. Here are some tips:
- Ask at the check-in counter if there are any last-minute upgrades available.
- Use upgrade bidding services like Plusgrade, Optiontown, or Upgrade Travel to bid on upgrades at a discounted price.
- Use ExpertFlyer to search for last-minute upgrades.
4. Fly During Off-Peak Times
Flying during off-peak times can lead to cheaper upgrade options. Off-peak times vary depending on the destination, but generally, weekdays and shoulder seasons are good options. Here are some tips:
- Use flight search engines to find the cheapest flights.
- Set up alerts for price drops to get notified when prices for off-peak flights drop.
- Use ExpertFlyer to search for off-peak flights.
5. Upgrade Your Comfort
- If you can’t afford to upgrade your class, you can still make your flying experience more comfortable by upgrading your seat, food, and entertainment options. HereChoose a seat with more legroom, such as an exit row seat or a bulkhead seat. Some airlines may charge an additional fee for these seats, but it’s usually less expensive than upgrading to a higher class.
- Bring your own food or snacks on board to avoid paying for overpriced airline food. You can also order a special meal in advance, such as a vegetarian meal or a gluten-free meal.
- Bring your own entertainment, such as a tablet or a book, to keep yourself occupied during the flight. Some airlines may offer free entertainment options, so be sure to check before you board.
By following these tips, you can upgrade your flying experience for cheap. Whether it’s through flight deals, credit card rewards, or last-minute upgrades, there are plenty of ways to make your next flight more comfortable and enjoyable.
Remember, even small upgrades can make a big difference, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of any opportunities to upgrade your flying experience. Safe travels!
READ MORE HERE: EXPERT FLYER