Are you ready for some fun and adventure? Look no further than Holiday World! Located in Santa Claus, Indiana, this theme park has been providing guests with thrilling rides, exciting shows, and delicious food since 1946.
Planning Your Trip to Holiday World
Are you planning a trip to Holiday World? Get ready for an exciting adventure filled with thrilling rides, delicious food, and fun shows! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the planning process to ensure you have the best possible experience at the park.
Deciding When to Visit
Holiday World is open from May through October, giving you plenty of options to choose from. However, weekends and holidays tend to be the busiest times, so you may want to consider visiting on a weekday to avoid crowds. If you’re planning to visit during the summer, keep in mind that the park can get quite hot and humid, so be sure to dress appropriately and stay hydrated.
Getting There and Finding Accommodations
Holiday World is located just off Interstate 64, making it easy to find. If you’re flying in, the closest airport is Evansville Regional Airport, which is about an hour’s drive from the park. There are also plenty of lodging options in the area, from hotels to campgrounds. If you want to stay close to the park, Holiday World offers its own lodging options, including the Santa Claus Christmas Cabins and the Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
Holiday World offers a variety of ticket options to fit your budget. You can purchase tickets online or at the gate, and discounts are available for groups, seniors, and military personnel. If you plan to visit the park multiple times during the season, you may want to consider purchasing a season pass, which can save you money in the long run.
Planning Your Park Visit
Once you’ve arrived at the park, it’s time to start planning your day. Holiday World is divided into four themed areas: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Fourth of July. Each area is filled with rides and attractions that are sure to thrill visitors of all ages.
To make the most of your visit, we recommend arriving early to beat the crowds and ride the most popular attractions before the lines get long. Wear comfortable shoes that can handle lots of walking and standing, and pack sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays.
Rides and Attractions
Holiday World is home to some of the most thrilling rides in the country. Be sure to check out the park’s signature attractions, including:
- The Voyage, a wooden roller coaster that was named the best wooden coaster in the world by Amusement Today
- Thunderbird, a steel roller coaster that features multiple inversions and launches
- The Legend, another wooden roller coaster that features drops, turns, and tunnels
- Mayflower, a gentle boat ride that’s perfect for families with young children
- Holidog’s FunTown, a collection of kiddie rides and attractions for the littlest visitors
In addition to the rides, Holiday World also offers a variety of shows and entertainment options throughout the day. Be sure to catch the Holidog and Friends show, which features the park’s beloved mascots performing songs and dances.
All that excitement is sure to work up an appetite! Thankfully, Holiday World offers a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. From pizza and burgers to BBQ and fried chicken, there’s something for everyone. If you’re looking for a sweet treat, be sure to stop by the Dippin’ Dots stand or the Funnel Cake Factory. And if you’re feeling thirsty, there are plenty of options for soda, lemonade, and water throughout the park.
Attractions and Rides
Are you ready for some thrills and excitement? Look no further than the attractions and rides at Holiday World! With a variety of options for all ages and adrenaline levels, you’re sure to find something that will make your heart race. Let’s take a closer look at some of the park’s most popular attractions.
1. Roller Coasters
If you’re a fan of roller coasters, you won’t want to miss the ones at Holiday World. From wooden coasters to steel coasters with inversions, there’s something for everyone. Here are a few of the park’s most popular coasters:
- The Voyage: This wooden coaster was named the best wooden coaster in the world by Amusement Today. With a length of 6,442 feet and a maximum speed of 67 miles per hour, it’s sure to give you a wild ride.
- Thunderbird: This steel coaster features multiple inversions and launches, making it a favorite among thrill-seekers.
- The Legend: This wooden coaster features drops, turns, and tunnels, and has been a favorite at the park since it opened in 2000.
2. Water Rides
On a hot summer day, there’s nothing better than a water ride to cool you off. Holiday World offers a variety of water rides that are sure to get you wet. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Wildebeest: This water coaster is the longest in the world, with a length of 1,710 feet. It features several drops and uphill sections that will make you feel like you’re on a roller coaster.
- Bahari River: This lazy river is a great way to relax and cool off. Grab a tube and float along the river, taking in the sights and sounds of the park.
- Mammoth: This water coaster is similar to Wildebeest, but features six-passenger rafts instead of individual tubes. It’s a great ride to experience with friends or family.
3. Family Rides
If you’re visiting the park with younger children, there are plenty of family rides that are perfect for all ages. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Mayflower: This gentle boat ride is perfect for families with young children. It’s a great way to take a break from the more intense rides and enjoy a relaxing cruise.
- Freedom Train: This train ride takes you on a tour of the park, giving you a chance to see everything from a different perspective.
- Ferris Wheel: No trip to an amusement park is complete without a ride on the Ferris wheel. Take in the views of the park from high above and snap some great photos while you’re at it.
4. Kiddie Rides
For the littlest visitors to the park, there are plenty of kiddie rides to enjoy. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Holidog’s Treehouse: This play area features a variety of slides and climbing structures, all themed around the park’s beloved mascot, Holidog.
- Kitty’s Tea Party: This spinning teacup ride is a classic, and a favorite among young children.
- Reindeer Games: This ride takes you on a gentle circular journey, giving young children a taste of what it’s like to ride a more intense attraction.
Entertainment and Shows
At Holiday World, the fun doesn’t stop with the rides and attractions. The park also offers a variety of entertainment and shows that are sure to keep you entertained throughout the day. From live music to high-energy performances, here are some of the park’s top entertainment options.
1. Live Music
One of the best ways to relax and enjoy the park’s atmosphere is by catching a live music performance. The park’s various stages feature a variety of musical genres, so there’s something for everyone. Here are a few of the park’s most popular music acts:
- Legacy: This group performs classic rock hits from the 60s and 70s, getting everyone singing and dancing along.
- Rockin’ Safari: This band puts a fun twist on popular songs, performing them with a jungle-themed twist.
- Country Rocks: If you’re a fan of country music, you won’t want to miss this group’s performances.
2. High-Energy Shows
If you’re looking for something with a bit more action, check out one of the park’s high-energy shows. These performances feature acrobatics, dancing, and other impressive feats. Here are a few of the park’s most popular shows:
- Eagle’s Flight: This show features a team of aerialists performing breathtaking stunts high above the audience.
- Hoosier Celebration Theater: This theater hosts a variety of shows throughout the season, ranging from musicals to magic shows.
- Holidog and Friends: This show is perfect for young children, featuring singing and dancing by the park’s beloved mascot, Holidog.
3. Special Events
In addition to the park’s regular entertainment offerings, there are also special events throughout the year that offer even more fun and excitement. Here are a few of the park’s most popular events:
- Happy Halloween Weekends: During the Halloween season, the park transforms into a spooky wonderland, with haunted attractions, special shows, and more.
- Rock the World Christian Music Fest: This annual event features some of the top names in Christian music, performing on multiple stages throughout the park.
- Santa Claus Land of Lights: During the Christmas season, the park features a drive-through light display, featuring millions of lights and holiday-themed displays.
Food and Dining
When you’re spending the day at Holiday World, you’re sure to work up an appetite. Luckily, the park offers a wide variety of food and dining options to satisfy any craving. From classic amusement park fare to more gourmet options, here’s a rundown of some of the park’s top food options.
1. Classic Amusement Park Food
No visit to an amusement park is complete without indulging in some classic park food. At Holiday World, you’ll find all the classic favorites, including:
- Corn Dogs: A staple of any amusement park, these battered and fried hot dogs on a stick are the perfect handheld meal.
- Funnel Cakes: Crispy and sweet, these powdered sugar-covered treats are a must-try.
- Nachos: Loaded with cheese, meat, and all the fixings, these nachos are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
2. Gourmet Options
If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, Holiday World has you covered. The park offers a variety of gourmet dining options that are sure to impress. Here are a few of the park’s top gourmet options:
- Plymouth Rock Cafe: This full-service restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads, all made with fresh, local ingredients.
- Alamo: This Mexican-inspired restaurant offers a variety of dishes, from tacos to fajitas, all made with fresh ingredients and bold flavors.
- Papa’s Pizza: This pizza joint offers a variety of pies, made with fresh toppings and hand-tossed dough.
3. Dietary Restrictions
If you have dietary restrictions, you’ll still be able to find something delicious to eat at Holiday World. The park offers a variety of options for those with gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets. Here are a few of the park’s top options:
- Gluten-Free: The park offers gluten-free options at several of its dining locations, including Plymouth Rock Cafe and Alamo.
- Vegetarian: The park offers a variety of vegetarian options, including veggie burgers, salads, and sides.
- Vegan: The park’s vegetarian options are also vegan-friendly, and you can also find vegan options at some of the snack stands throughout the park.
Tips and Tricks for a Successful Holiday World Trip
A trip to Holiday World is an exciting adventure for the whole family, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. With so many rides, attractions, and dining options to choose from, it’s important to plan ahead to make the most of your time at the park. Here are some tips and tricks to help you have a successful and stress-free trip.
1. Plan Ahead
Planning ahead is key to a successful trip to Holiday World. Here are some tips to help you plan your visit:
- Check the Park Hours: Make sure to check the park’s hours of operation before you go to avoid arriving when the park is closed.
- Purchase Tickets in Advance: Save time and money by purchasing your tickets online in advance.
- Check the Ride Restrictions: Make sure to check the ride restrictions before you go to avoid disappointment if you or someone in your group isn’t able to ride.
2. Beat the Crowds
Holiday World is a popular destination, especially during peak season. Here are some tips to help you beat the crowds and enjoy the park with shorter wait times:
- Arrive Early: Arriving at the park when it first opens is the best way to beat the crowds and enjoy shorter wait times.
- Ride the Popular Rides First: Head to the park’s most popular rides first thing in the morning to avoid long wait times later in the day.
- Visit During the Week: If possible, plan your visit during the week when the park is less crowded.
3. Stay Hydrated
Spending the day at an amusement park can be exhausting, especially during hot summer days. Here are some tips to help you stay hydrated:
- Bring a Water Bottle: Bringing a water bottle to the park is a great way to stay hydrated and save money on drinks.
- Take Advantage of Free Water Stations: Holiday World offers free water stations throughout the park, so make sure to take advantage of them.
- Avoid Sugary Drinks: Sugary drinks can dehydrate you, so try to avoid them and opt for water or other hydrating beverages instead.
4. Take Breaks
Spending the whole day at Holiday World can be tiring, so it’s important to take breaks and rest when needed. Here are some tips to help you rest and recharge:
- Find a Shaded Area: Find a shaded area to rest and avoid the sun’s harmful rays.
- Take a Break at a Show: Holiday World offers a variety of shows throughout the day, so take a break and enjoy some entertainment.
- Take a Nap: If you’re staying at a nearby hotel, take a break and go back to your room for a quick nap.
We hope this guide has been helpful in planning your trip to Holiday World. By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be sure to have an enjoyable and stress-free experience at the park. Remember to plan ahead, beat the crowds, stay hydrated, and take breaks when needed. With these helpful tips, you’ll be able to fully enjoy all that Holiday World has to offer. So pack your bags, grab your family, and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime at Holiday World.
READ MORE HERE: Holiday World Theme Park & Splashin’ Safari Water Park