Welcome to Hershey Park, the ultimate chocolate-themed adventure park that has been delighting visitors for more than a century. From thrilling roller coasters to family-friendly attractions, Hershey Park is the perfect destination for anyone looking for a fun-filled adventure with a chocolate twist. In this guide, we’ll explore the different attractions and experiences that make Hershey Park a must-visit destination, and offer tips for planning your visit.
The Sweetest Attractions at Hershey Park
If you’re looking for an exciting adventure with a chocolate twist, look no further than Hershey Park. With over 70 rides and attractions spread across three unique sections, Hershey Park offers something for everyone.
The Boardwalk is Hershey Park’s water park area, featuring attractions that will cool you off on a hot summer day. Here are some of the highlights:
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster: This is the world’s first hydromagnetic water coaster, combining water park thrills with coaster-style drops and turns.
- The Shore: A 378,000-gallon wave pool that simulates ocean waves for an authentic beach experience.
- Tidal Force: A classic shoot-the-chute ride that sends riders plummeting down a 100-foot drop and soaking them in the process.
The Hollow is Hershey Park’s wooded section, offering a mix of thrill rides and family-friendly attractions. Some of the standout attractions include:
- Skyrush: This coaster is one of the park’s most popular rides, featuring a high-speed launch, a 200-foot drop, and twists and turns that will leave you breathless.
- The Comet: A classic wooden coaster that has been delighting visitors since 1946. With a 60-foot drop and speeds up to 50 mph, it’s still a must-ride for coaster enthusiasts.
- Laff Trakk: This indoor coaster takes riders on a psychedelic journey through a house of mirrors, with spinning cars and colorful lights that add to the fun.
Founder’s Way is Hershey Park’s main section, featuring the park’s most iconic attractions and experiences. Here are some of the top picks:
- The Great Bear: This coaster is one of Hershey Park’s most thrilling rides, featuring an inverted track that takes riders through loops, corkscrews, and more.
- Reese’s Cupfusion: A dark ride where you join forces with the Reese’s brand characters to protect the factory from evil candy villains.
- Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction: This interactive attraction lets you learn about the history of chocolate, see how chocolate is made, and even create your own candy bar.
Tips for Visiting Hershey Park
To make the most of your visit to Hershey Park, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead: Check the park’s website for hours, ride closures, and other important information before you go.
- Get there early: Arrive at the park before it opens to avoid long lines and crowds.
- Use the Hershey Park app: The app has ride wait times, park maps, and other useful information to help you plan your day.
- Consider a Fast Track pass: If you don’t want to wait in long lines, consider purchasing a Fast Track pass that will let you skip the line on select rides.
- Stay at a Hershey Park resort: If you’re planning to stay overnight, consider booking a room at one of Hershey Park’s resorts for easy access to the park and other special perks.
Exploring the Chocolate World
Chocolate is one of the most beloved treats in the world, and there’s no better place to learn about it than at Hershey’s Chocolate World. Located in Hershey, Pennsylvania, this interactive attraction lets you experience the history, production, and, of course, the delicious taste of chocolate. Here’s a closer look at what you can expect when you visit.
The Factory Tour
The Factory Tour is the centerpiece of Hershey’s Chocolate World, taking you on a behind-the-scenes journey through the chocolate-making process. Here’s what you can expect:
- The Chocolate Tour Ride: This dark ride takes you through a simulated factory where you’ll see cocoa beans being harvested, roasted, and transformed into chocolate. You’ll also get to see machines that wrap chocolate bars and candies, and you’ll even get a free sample of chocolate at the end of the ride.
- Chocolate Making Demonstration: This live demonstration shows you how chocolate is made, from the roasting of the cocoa beans to the molding and packaging of the finished product. You’ll also get to sample some of the freshly made chocolate.
In addition to the Factory Tour, Hershey’s Chocolate World has a range of other fun and educational attractions. Here are some of the highlights:
- 4D Chocolate Mystery: This interactive show combines a 3D movie with special effects like wind and scents to create an immersive experience. You’ll help solve a chocolate-themed mystery while enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of the show.
- Create Your Own Candy Bar: In this attraction, you get to design your own candy bar and see it being made right in front of you. You’ll choose the type of chocolate, add inclusions like nuts and candy pieces, and customize the packaging with your name and design.
- Trolley Works: This ride takes you on a tour of Hershey, Pennsylvania, showing you historic landmarks and sharing stories about Milton Hershey and the town he built.
Tips for Visiting Hershey’s Chocolate World
To make the most of your visit to Hershey’s Chocolate World, keep these tips in mind:
- Buy tickets in advance: To avoid long lines, purchase your tickets online before you go.
- Plan your visit: The Factory Tour and other attractions can get crowded, so plan your visit around less busy times if possible.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- Take a break: There are plenty of places to sit and rest throughout the attraction, so take advantage of them if you need a break.
- Shop for souvenirs: Hershey’s Chocolate World has a huge selection of chocolate and candy products, as well as apparel, accessories, and gifts. Don’t forget to pick up some sweet souvenirs to take home.
Tips for a Sweet Visit to Hershey Park
Hershey Park is a family-friendly amusement park located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. With over 70 rides and attractions, it’s a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a fun-filled day. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit.
Before you go to Hershey Park, it’s a good idea to plan ahead to make your day more enjoyable.
- Buy Tickets Online: Save time and avoid the lines by purchasing your tickets online at the official Hershey Park website. You can also save money by purchasing tickets in advance.
- Check the Schedule: Check the park schedule before you go to see what rides and attractions are open, and to plan your day accordingly.
- Pack Accordingly: Make sure you bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and other essentials for a day in the sun. You may also want to bring a change of clothes if you plan on getting wet on any of the water rides.
Hershey Park is a large park, so it’s important to plan your transportation ahead of time.
- Parking: Free shuttles from select Hershey hotels or paid parking are available.
- Walking: The park is easy to navigate on foot, but it can be tiring. Wear comfortable shoes and take breaks as needed.
- Ride Height Requirements: Make sure to check the height requirements for each ride before getting in line, to avoid disappointment.
Rides and Attractions
Hershey Park has over 70 rides and attractions, so it can be overwhelming to decide what to do first. Here are some highlights to help you plan your day:
- Roller Coasters: Hershey Park is known for its roller coasters, including the Candymonium, Skyrush, and Great Bear. If you’re a thrill-seeker, these are a must-ride.
- Water Rides: Hershey Park has many water rides, including the Tidal Force and Coastline Plunge, to cool off.
- ZooAmerica: Hershey Park admission includes ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park.
- Entertainment: Hershey Park has a variety of entertainment options throughout the day, including live shows and character meet-and-greets.
Hershey Park has a variety of dining options, from quick bites to sit-down restaurants. Here are some recommendations:
- The Sweeterie: This new eatery serves up Hershey’s-inspired treats like milkshakes, sundaes, and s’mores.
- Chickie’s and Pete’s: This popular chain serves up crab fries, cheesesteaks, and other comfort food.
- The Overlook: This sit-down restaurant offers stunning views of the park, along with a variety of American cuisine.
- Use the Hershey Park App: For park navigation, ride wait times, and more, download the Hershey Park App.
- Take Breaks: Don’t try to do everything at once. Take breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge.
- Shop for Souvenirs: The park has many Hershey’s gift shops.
We hope these tips have helped you plan your visit to Hershey Park. Remember to buy your tickets in advance, check the schedule, and pack accordingly. Use the free shuttle or park on-site, wear comfortable shoes, and check ride height requirements. And don’t forget to try some of the delicious dining options available throughout the park. With these tips, you’re sure to have a sweet and unforgettable day at Hershey Park.
READ MORE HERE: The Largest Amusement Park in PA | Hersheypark