Welcome to Milford, DE, a beautiful town in the middle of the state. Milford is a hidden gem for travelers looking for an authentic and delightful experience because of its long history, beautiful riverfront, and wide range of attractions. Milford has something special for every kind of traveler, whether they are interested in history, nature, or just want to get away from it all. In this complete guide, we’ll take you on a tour of the top places that give Milford its special charm, each of which has its own flavor of adventure and culture.
Things to do in Milford, DE
1. Milford Bowling Lanes Inc
- Website: Milford Bowling Lanes Inc
- Address: 809 N. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
Milford Bowling Lanes Inc. is a great place to start your trip in Milford. With its retro decor and well-kept lanes, this classic bowling alley has a nostalgic feel.
This place is great for everyone, whether you’re an experienced bowler or just want to have some fun with friends and family.
Enjoy the friendly competition and maybe get a snack at the snack bar. It’s a great way to start your trip around Milford.
2. Riverwalk Farmers Market
- Website: Riverwalk Farmers Market
- Address: 9 S. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
The Riverwalk Farmers Market is a busy place where people can get a taste of local culture and food.
Every time you go, you’re sure to have a great time as you browse the stalls full of fresh food, handmade items, and artisanal goods.
This market not only helps local farmers and craftspeople, but it also gives visitors a lively taste of Milford’s strong sense of community.
It’s a must-see for both locals and tourists because the atmosphere is as welcoming as the wide range of goods on display.
Grab a freshly brewed cup of coffee and look around the market. It’s a great way to find out what makes Milford tick.
3. DuPont Nature Center
- Website: DuPont Nature Center
- Address: 2992 Lighthouse Road, Milford, DE 19963
The DuPont Nature Center is a haven for people who love nature. It is near the beautiful Delaware Bay.
This educational center gives people a unique chance to learn about the coastal ecosystem.
Birdwatchers will love this place because the center puts them right in the middle of the fascinating world of migrating birds.
Interactive exhibits and guided programs help you learn more about the wildlife and ecosystem of the area.
It’s a peaceful place where you can get in touch with nature and learn about how life on the coast works.
Don’t forget your binoculars; you’ll want to enjoy every moment of this natural wonderland.
4. Mispillion Riverwalk
- Website: Mispillion Riverwalk
- Address: North Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
Along the Mispillion River, the Mispillion Riverwalk in Milford is a peaceful place to go.
This beautiful path invites you to take a slow stroll, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy the area’s natural beauty.
With its peaceful atmosphere and beautiful views of the river, it’s a great place to spend time alone or with friends and family.
As you explore Milford’s natural beauty, you can take pictures of the beauty or just enjoy the quiet atmosphere.
The Mispillion Riverwalk is a must-see for anyone who likes to walk, loves nature, or just wants a moment of peace.
5. Bicentennial Park
- Website: Bicentennial Park
- Address: SE Front Street & S.E. Second Street, Milford, DE 19963
Bicentennial Park is one of Milford’s best-kept secrets. This park’s lush greenery and well-kept grounds invite you to take a break and relax.
This park is the perfect place for a picnic with the whole family, a romantic afternoon, or a solo trip into nature.
Adults can sit on benches in the shade of trees while children play on the playground.
The park is lively because it is often the site of community events and concerts.
So pack a picnic basket and your favorite book and enjoy the simplicity of a day in Bicentennial Park.
6. Milford Museum
- Website: Milford Museum
- Address: 121 S. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
At the Milford Museum, you can learn all about the fascinating history of Milford.
This museum is in the middle of town and takes you on a fascinating trip through time.
You can learn about the history of Milford through exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays.
Every part of this museum tells a story about the town’s past, from the first people who lived there to its history as a port.
Milford’s history is often shown in new ways at special exhibits, so there is always something new to learn.
If you’re interested in history or just want to learn more about where the town came from, the Milford Museum is a fun and educational place to go.
7. Riverfront Theater
- Website: Riverfront Theater
- Address: 2 S. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
The Riverfront Theater in Milford is a cultural gem that has many ways to have fun all year long.
This small theater is a center for artistic expression, with live plays, musical shows, and community events.
Check the theater’s schedule to see what’s going on while you’re there.
The intimate setting makes sure that every show is personal and interesting.
It’s a great place to see local artists and get a feel for the arts while you’re in Milford.
The Riverfront Theater is a great place to spend an evening, whether you like theater or just want to have fun.
8. Mispillion Art League
- Website: Mispillion Art League
- Address: 5 N. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
The Mispillion Art League is a safe place for both art fans and artists.
This lively space features rotating exhibitions of local art, giving visitors a chance to see many different styles and mediums of art.
The Art League is more than just a gallery; it also has workshops and classes to help everyone find their creative side.
Whether you’re an experienced artist or just starting out, this friendly group of people with similar interests will give you ideas.
Walk through the gallery, talk to the artists, or sign up for a class to find out what you can do as an artist.
The Mispillion Art League is proof that Milford wants to help people express themselves and appreciate art.
9. Gallery 37: A Destination for Artful Living
- Website: Gallery 37
- Address: 8 S. Walnut Street, Milford, DE 19963
Gallery 37 is a one-of-a-kind store in Milford that sells art, home decor, and gifts that can’t be found anywhere else.
As soon as you walk in, you’ll see a carefully chosen collection of artful treasures and unusual items.
This cute shop has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a special gift or a unique piece of art for your home.
The helpful staff is always willing to help and tell you about the pieces.
Gallery 37 is more than just a place to shop; it’s also a place to connect with the local art scene and take a piece of Milford’s artistic soul home with you.
Explore the shop, talk to the artists, and find the perfect souvenir to remind you of your trip to Milford.
10. Mispillion River Brewing
- Website: Mispillion River Brewing
- Address: 255 Mullet Run Street, Milford, DE 19963
Visit Mispillion River Brewing, a thriving center of craft beer culture in Milford, to end your day of exploring.
This brewery lets you try a wide range of handcrafted beers that were all made with care and love.
The relaxed and friendly atmosphere is great for unwinding and getting to know other travelers, friends, and family.
You can try a flight of their best beers or just get a pint of the one you like best.
There’s always something new to try because the tap list changes and there are sometimes special releases.
The brewery often has events and food trucks, which make the experience better as a whole.
Mispillion River Brewing will give you a memorable and tasty time in Milford, whether you’re a beer expert or just want to try some local flavors.
Useful tips for travelers exploring Milford, Delaware
1. Plan Ahead:
- Research the attractions you want to visit and check their operating hours and any special events or exhibitions. Planning ahead can help you make the most of your time in Milford.
2. Dress for the Weather:
- Milford experiences a range of weather conditions throughout the year. Be sure to check the weather forecast for your travel dates and pack accordingly, whether it’s sunscreen and lightweight clothing for summer or layers and a jacket for cooler seasons.
3. Explore the Riverwalk:
- The Mispillion Riverwalk is a peaceful and scenic spot for a leisurely stroll. Don’t forget your camera to capture the picturesque views of the river and surrounding nature.
4. Support Local Businesses:
- Milford boasts a variety of local shops, restaurants, and markets. Make an effort to support these businesses, as it’s a great way to immerse yourself in the local culture and contribute to the community.
5. Try Local Cuisine:
- Milford offers a diverse culinary scene. Don’t miss the opportunity to savor local seafood and other regional specialties. Ask locals for their restaurant recommendations for an authentic dining experience.
6. Respect Nature:
- If you’re exploring the natural attractions, such as DuPont Nature Center or Bicentennial Park, be sure to follow Leave No Trace principles. Respect the environment, stay on designated paths, and dispose of your trash properly.
7. Engage with the Arts:
- Milford has a thriving arts community. Attend local art exhibitions, performances at the Riverfront Theater, or even consider participating in an art class or workshop to immerse yourself in the creative spirit of the town.
8. Visit During Special Events:
- Check if your visit coincides with any special events or festivals happening in Milford. These events often provide a unique opportunity to experience the town’s culture and traditions.
9. Stay Safe:
- While Milford is generally a safe town, it’s essential to exercise the same caution you would in any destination. Keep an eye on your belongings, be aware of your surroundings, and follow any safety guidelines provided by the attractions you visit.
As we explored each of these ten attractions, we found a town that takes pride in its heritage, welcomes visitors with open arms, and fosters a strong sense of community. Whether you’re captivated by the town’s history, intrigued by its natural beauty, or inspired by its artistic spirit, Milford has a way of leaving a lasting impression on all who come to visit.